PEP treatment

I recently was involved in recieving unprotected oral sex from someone I met online. So I decided to go to the doctors to recieve a PEP treament. I recieved TRUVADA. My question: Is this considered a high risk for HIV transmission, and is truvada suffient in my PEP treatment. I only ask of this because the doctor that I went to see was a Med Resident 2nd year, and was unsure about the questions I had asked during my apt with him. Thanks.

Thanks for your post.

Tenofovir and FTC (Truvada) is commonly used (though not formally approved) for post-exposure treatment. This has the added advantage of possibly preventing hepatitis B as well as HIV.

I think that the medical resident was probably working within the institutional treatment policy. Best of luck. Be safe out there. BY

adding an integrese inhibitor?
one drug or class?