Side-Effect Tolerance

From what I gather everyone says eating food before taking a dose of ATRIPLA increases side-effects. But nobody mentions whether or not it affects the accomplishment of the drug itself.

So... is it safe to say that if one is experiencing little or no side effects from ATRIPLA that eating a snack before taking ATRPILA is completely acceptable if you can handle the side-effects?

Cause I know for some - the side-effects are greater. For me however, they are almost non-existent... I wonder if it really is just an issue of how intense side-effects you can handle or will eating a snack before a dosage truncate the intensity of the medication from actually doing it's job?

Thank you for your post.

Efavirenz (Sustiva, part of Atripla) is slightly better absorbed with food in the stomach; hence the risk of side effects is greater when efavirenz is taken with food or a snack. There's no evidence that this difference in drug absorption translates to better effectiveness of the medication.

If you're not experiencing side effects from your Atripla, there's no reason why you couldn't take it with food.

Hope this helps. BY

Best combo?
HIV NeW