drug interactions with supplements

I am currently taking Truvada, Reyataz, Norvir, Acyclovir, and Lipitor with great success. Is there any problem with adding the following supplements: Glucosamine, Fish oil, CoQ10? I have some arthritis setting in! Many thanks.

Thanks for your post.

This is a topic that is commonly asked, though relatively understudied. For this reason, I tend not to recommend a lot of supplements to my patients taking HIV medications, for fear of lowering the potency of the HAART.

In this case, it's important to recognize the potential interactions between ritonavir (Norvir) and Lipitor; hence to use the lowest effective dose possible. There aren't any reported between the other prescription drugs that you're taking and the supplements.

I'd recommend letting your doctor(s) know about what medications and supplements that you're taking, just in case there's an unexpected reaction.

Hope this is helpful. BY

changing to epzicom
ARV & pregnancy