|Truvada with What?
Jul 15, 2007
I have been taking Truvada with 400 mg Reyataz, once a day. A doctor tells me this was a mistake, and I should have been taking Truvada with 300 mg Reyataz and 100 mg Ritanivir. Could you please tell me what the typical combination is.
Thanks for this service.
| Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
Your second doctor is corrrect. Since tenofovir (1/2 of Truvada) lowers atazanavir (Reyataz) levels, when Truvada is dosed with Reyataz, 100 mg of ritonavir (Norvir) must be used. With this combination, the dose of Reyataz is lowered to 300 mg once-daily.
Hope this helps. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Chances Of Getting AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Coated Tongue After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Touching Period Blood Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Giving Oral Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.