Persistent nausea

I've been taking 100mg Norvir, 300mg Reyataz and Epzicom for nearly 3 months. Yet almost every day I get moderately severe nausea within 20 to 30 mins of taking the meds. Taking them with food helps a little and I began 10mg Marinol 3 wks ago. The Marinol does help but the nausea STILL persists. Prior to Marinol I tried vaporized medical cannabis which worked but left me quite stoned and unable to function. I've also been taking 240mg OxyContin TID for 8 yrs for chronic neuropathy but have never had problems with nausea. This nausea just won't go away and now for the past few days I've been dry wretching in the middle of the night. Any ideas what may be causing this? THANKS

Thanks for your post.

While the regimen that you're taking is usually quite well tolerated, it seems clear that you are having undesireable side effects. There's a pretty good chance that this is due to the ritonavir (Norvir). It's possible to consider changing from the boosted atazanavir (Reyataz)/ritonavir to unboosted atazanaivr (without ritonavir). Remember to ask your doctor about this, since the dose of atazanavir changes when you drop the ritonavir boost.

Hope this helps. BY

Atripla
Re. My uncle