Atipla - dosage

Hi, I began taking ATRIPLA about weeks ago -- my first HIV regimen, and am experiencing many side effects, mostly major fatigue, headaches, nausea, etc. My doc told me that Atipla is no longer required to be taken on an empty stomach. Yet everything I find online states that it does. Are you able to confirm for me? Thanks!

Your doc is wrong. Eating increases the absorbsion of the efavirenz contained in Atripla. That can lead to more side effects from that drug. I would take the medication on an empty stomach (no food for at least 2 hours). If the side effects persist despite this, a new regimen is in order.

Split Epzicom in Half?
What is this tested for?