Sustiva and food

Hi, I'm taking Sustiva, and was told to take the medication before I go to bed (11pm each night).

I usually have a small snack of some kind at the time (usually take my meds with V8, and have some chips or sorbet, etc).

I've been reading that taking Sustiva with food can increase it's potency, but I'm not having any side-effect differences between taking it with or without food.

Beyond the issue of "side-effects" is there other issues I should be concerned with, or is eating something OK if I'm tolerating the medication well?

THANKS!

There is no issue if you are feeling well. Sustiva's absorbsion is increased when taken with a meal. This can lead to a higher level of the drug in your system - good, unless the higher drug level leads to side effects. Since you are not having any side effects, the sorbet stays.

CD4 plateau?
Split Epzicom in Half?