The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

lipodystrophy - need surgeon in LA

Jul 9, 2007

I've been trying to find a reputable plastic surgeon that can remove my buffalo hump. I'm in the Los Angeles or Orange City area. My HIV dr. doesn't have any that he knows of other than non-specialized in HIVers. Where can I find this information ?

Response from Dr. Pierone

Getting a referral for a reputable plastic surgeon, or any doctor for that matter, may sometimes be quite challenging. My suggestion would be to network with the AIDS support organizations in your community in order to try to find others who have had this specific problem treated, and then see about getting a referral. Best of luck to you!


Liver medicines
AZT and lipoatrophy

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint