CD4 up and down

I tested positive in November 2006. My window for contraction of HIV started in Oct 2005. My CD4 count has been up and down. Jan it was 348, Mar it was 735, and May 512. Also at each test my viral load was bteween 731-789. What could be the cause of the constant change in my CD4?

Hello, and thanks for posting.

There is often significant variation in CD4+ lymphocyte counts, especially in the higher ranges. The CD4+ lymphocyte percentage tends to vary less and this is worth following in conjunction with the absolute count. Once you have a few more readings on the CD4 counts in the coming months you will have a better idea of the trend, particularly if you follow the ratio as well. The good news is the very low viral load which portends a good long-term prognosis. Best of luck!

Isoniazid duration for latent TB
CD4 count not increasing