Isoniazid duration for latent TB

Am HIV positive. Had latent tb all my life. dr prescribed inh and advised 9 mos. i completed 7.5 and did not miss one day. I could no longer handle side effects. Is that enough time of treatment. I noticed in some countries the recommended time is six mos even for those with HIV. I am not on any ARV medication as my cd4 and viral load are not at a place to start ARV. I am 44 yrs old. I suppose if i had to i could complete 1.5 additonal mos of inh. what do you think?

Most of the benefit from INH chemoprophylaxis of tuberculosis occurs in the first 6 months. Since your side effects were so severe it seems prudent to call it a day and not risk additional problems by restarting the medication. Best of luck to you!

CHANTIX INTERACTION WITH METHADONE
CD4 up and down