Doctor NYC

Hi_

Currently a resident of Manhattan and am searching for a new HIV Specialist.

Over the past few months, my CD4 count fell as low as 234, viral load 58,000. Both have now risen, 300/45,000. Over these months no flu, one cold, and fatigue almost non existent. However, I believe it is time for me to begin exploring treatment options.

I recieved a list for GMHC that was quite extensive but contained little information for each physician. Impossible to go through without some reference. Would you be able to reccommend an HIV Specialist in Manhattan who is somewhat seasoned and also somewhat liberal when it comes to treatment.

Many thanks.

One of the great things about living in New York is that there are so many physicians with expertise in HIV medicine. But there are so many that it may be difficult to sort through the extensive list of available doctors in order to find the right one for you.

The American Academy of HIV Medicine has a web site at this link which also allows one to search for HIV Specialists.

Two doctors working in Manhatten who I know personally and have much respect for are Jeff Gumprecht and Lloyd Bailey. But again, there are many excellent clinicians to choose from and many different practice styles.

Best of luck!

Cure for AIDS
Selenium for HIV?