long-term prednisone

After low platelet count (12,000) failed to respond to antiviral, the doctor has prescribed 30 days of prednisone and referred me to hematology. I've read elsewhere that long-term prednisone is not advised. How long is too long? Is 30 days something to worry about?

You do have a very low platlet count and some doctors do use prednisone for this condition. I don't personally consider 30 days "long-term" and in your case, I'd think that the risk of prednisone is balanced by the risk of not addressing your platlet count.

Hope your health and counts improve soon. BY

How can you sound so confident?
South Africa