Jun 23, 2007
I am starting on Atripla very soon. It is my first time on medication, but I have also read about the benefits of Coconut oil. Is it truly effective when added to medication...or even by itself?
Response from Dr. Young
I don't think that this has been studied; I suppose there could be benefit, but there could be negative interactions too.
In my view, why risk the success of a well studied, peer reviewed and internationally recommended regimen (Atripla) with anything?
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does HIV Cause White Tongue?
- Black Spots After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Smelly Vagina Always Mean An Std
- What Are The Little White Bumps On My Penis? Not A Std?
- Accuracy Of Pooled NAT Testing For Hiv
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.