Jun 23, 2007
I am starting on Atripla very soon. It is my first time on medication, but I have also read about the benefits of Coconut oil. Is it truly effective when added to medication...or even by itself?
Response from Dr. Young
I don't think that this has been studied; I suppose there could be benefit, but there could be negative interactions too.
In my view, why risk the success of a well studied, peer reviewed and internationally recommended regimen (Atripla) with anything?
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Itchy Rash An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Diarrhea After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Vaginal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Penis Discharge After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.