|AIDS LAWS - CONSENSUAL SEX
Jun 20, 2007
Are there any states in which an HIV+ person can be convicted and go to jail for having unprotected consenual sex with an HIV - partner?
I understand that most people would find in unethical but is it considered illegal or can two consenting adults have barrier free sex at will without worry of legal ramifications?
| Response from Dr. Wohl
In my state of North Carolina, if a person with HIV infection has unprotected sex with another person without disclosing their HIV status they can be prosecuted as a 'health law violator'. I suspect, NC is not the only state with such statutes.
Check out the following link for an interesting discussion of the value of such laws.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is It Against The Law To Have Sex With Someone And Not Tell Them That You Have Hiv?
- Is Burning Urethra A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is Oral Ulcers A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Blood In Semen After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Touching Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Purple Spots After Genital Rubbing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.