Is it really necessary to switch my Reyataz?

I am on 300mg Reyataz, 100 mg Norvir, and Truvada. I have been doing wonderful on the meds, no side effects except high bilirubin. However, my bilirubin has been hovering around 5 lately and my doctor has been talking of switching my regimine. I am confused. Did I have a misunderstanding when I thought that the high bilirubin was harmless in this case? I have had an ultrasound, which checked out fine. No other labs abnormal and doing just fine. The yellowness I have is something I can live with--basically the only way you would be able to notice is if I said, "Look closely at my eyes, see the yellow tint to the whites of my eyes?" I have been lucky enough to be able to be on this regimine for 3 years despite numerous missed doses in the beginning and my CD4 counts tripled and I have been undetectable in viral load the whole time. My one worry is that if I mess with a good thing, then I won't be as lucky the next time in terms of side effects, etc. I was just wondering another opinion before I did what my doctor said. Thanks for your time.

Kim

Hello, and thanks for posting.

The high bilirubin from Reyataz is harmless and if the yellow color is not noticeable there is no reason to change the regimen. Good luck!

side effects might be fatal?
When to begin medications