side effects might be fatal?

I was recently prescribed Kaletra, Truvada and Ziagen and my doctor informed me I can end up in ICU with high fever or possible death...my questin is why would I be prescribed such a medicine that may kill me or leave me in ICU...what are the side effects of these medicines when taken together?

The doctor was probably referring to the Ziagen (abacavir) component of this cocktail, which can produce a serious and rarely fatal hypersensitivity syndrome. Unless you have known drug-resistant virus, the Ziagen is one drug too many and the potential side effects outweigh any potential benefit. A second opinion seems in order. Best of luck!

Truvada/Kaletra
Is it really necessary to switch my Reyataz?