Switching to Truvada

Dear Dr., My doc of 11 years has just retired and my new doc has recommended that I switch from Kaletra/3TC/Viramune to Truvada/Viramune; mainly due to my elevated cholestrol levels (248 total; 145 LDL) I also take low dose naltrexone and acyclovir (that regimen will not be altered). I am able to tolerate my current regimen and am fearful of new side effects, especially lypodystrophy; I'd rather not rock the boat, however, I do want to have an open mind. Could you kindly shed some light providing a thumbs up or thumbs down on this change. Noteworthy, I have no known resistence to any drugs.

Many thanks, Pat in NYC

This new recommendation is really a switch from Kaletra to Viread along with a switch from Epivir (3TC) to Emtriva. There is a high degree of likelihood that this switch would be successful, lower your cholesterol, and lessen the chance of long-term side effects. Two thumbs up!

Is it wise to switch from combivir to epizicom?
New Meds?