Tired of Being Tired

I have been HIV for about 3 years. So far my CD4 counts are in the 700s and my Viral Load is slowly going up--in the 100,000 range now. I am feeling really, really tired lately and wondering if it is the Viral Load that is making me tired. My last test results indicate everything else is in the normal range, thyroid, etc. If I would start medication to bring the viral load down, would I have more energy? This a factor that will help me decide to start HIV medication right away. I have been eating right, excersing, and taking my vitamins to maintain naturally and wanted to delay medication until required. Please advise. Tired of Being Tired!!!

There are some people who have HIV-related fatigue which improves after starting HAART. But there are other causes of fatigue which have nothing to do with HIV and will not improve if medications are started. A partial list would include depression, sleep apnea, thyroid problems, adrenal insufficiency, sleep deprivation, and illicit drug use. But sometimes, the only way to see if fatigue is HIV-related is to start medications and see if the fatigue resolves.

If you do decide to start therapy please let us know what happens with your symptoms. Good luck!

First Night Horror
high risk hpv