First Night Horror

Today I had to inform my doctor that the combo of combivir and sustive would have been great but on my first night of my taking the Sustiva broke me down. After taking that Sustive my head was killing me and I did not get any sleep, then I threw up for about 1 hour. This was the first day of taking this and I am so discouraged. so while I am waiting for my doctor to call me back and tell me what we are gonna add with the Combivir and Bactrin, could you give me your insight as to what might work with what i am already taking.

The answer really depends on some other factors. Headache and vomiting are side effects usually associated with AZT so are you sure it was the Sustiva which caused this problem? What is your viral load and CD4+ lymphocyte count and are you a male or female?. If the CD4+ lymphocyte count is relatively low (under 250 for a female or 400 for a male) then Viramune may be an alternative. If not, then probably a protease-inhibitor based regimen is in store. Feel free to repost with follow-up information and best of luck.

devastating acute phase/low VL
Tired of Being Tired