The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

How do I find a doctor for my son?
Jun 17, 2007

My son who is 25 just found out he is HIV positive.I don't know what kind of specialist to send him to. We live in Kansas City Mo. I'm hoping you can help us.

Response from Dr. Pierone

The American Academy of HIV Medicine has a web site which has a search function which allows one to find HIV specialists based on geographic location. If you click on the hyperlink above it will direct you to this site, good luck to your son!

How early would you start HIV medication?
What class of meds am I on?

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint