seroconversion

Hello, and thanks for the great work you are doing!

My partner has been diagnosed with hiv last month. He was exposed to the virus in february, had a rather nasty acute retroviral illness (lasting 1 week). He's viral load is 55,000 and cd4 450. I was worried about the low cd4 cell count, but i was told that it's because of seroconversion, and it should rise and then decline again. Is this correct? I'm also worried about a few symptoms he has: a cold sore, dry skin, weight lost and he need to pass urines more often than before. Is this part of seroconversion? Or there's something to be worried about? Please let me know! Thanks so much,

marko

Marko, thanks for your post.

I'm not sure from what you write about when your partner's labs were drawn in relation to his expousre, but note that a CD4 count of 450 is not low, it's normal.

You are correct that CD4s tend to decline, then rise in the immediate weeks following acute infection. If he was exposed in February, I'd expect that he shouldn't have "seroconversion" symptoms now in June-- to this point, cold sores (herpes) isn't always just associated with recent HIV infection, but rather can occur (like dry skin or weight loss) at any time during the course of the disease.

If your partner has ongoing symptoms, I'd suggest letting his healtcare provider know.

Hope this helps, BY

Update on Treatment!
kivexa+reyataz+norvir