Update on Treatment!

Dear Dr. Young, I started meds (Sustiva+Truvada) in August/2006 with a CD4 count of 25%=503 and a V.L.: of 80.200 copies per ml. In January/2007 I was undetectable and my CD4s had climbed to 32%=802. Last week I went to my HIV Dr. at a public hospital of the National Health System (the only hospitals in my country, Spain, that treat HIV) and I am still undetectable, feeling great and extremely healthy. My Dr. Thinks unnecesary (and I agree) to have CD4 counts done in every check up so I have viral loads every 3 months and viral loads + CD4 every six months. I couldnt be happier and I see life with great optimism. Thank you!

Hola Amigo,

It's great to hear about your labs and results on treatment. Your laboratory monitoring plans make sense to me- should forgo a largely unneeded CD4 count test, especially since it's the undetectable viral load that will predict just about everything else.

Buena salud, BY

loss of sex drive
seroconversion