loss of sex drive

hello, my boyfriend recently found out that he is hiv positive and he has been taking the medication Atripa for about 45 days. we used to have sex 3 to 4 times aday but ever since he found out about his status (4 monthes ago) and started medication, we have had sex twice. im really worried.. its starting to effect my self esteem. could the medicine that he is taking (atripa) have anything to do with it? please help me out. thank you

I suspect it is not the Atripla is not the issue. It seems more likely that learning he is HIV+ has put a damper on his drive. He may be afraid of infecting you, assuming you are HIV negative. Also, think about it, if he acquired HIV from sex, then sex now has a negative association. Talk about it with him in a supportive way that focuses on him (not you).

It is unlikely but possible there is a medical cause. Low testosterone can reduce sex drive and this can be checked with a blood test. If he gets erections, though, this is not likely the problem.

overseas patient
Update on Treatment!