Pap Smear for Male's

Dear Doctor,

I was diagnosed with HIV in 2005 and have been on meds since Oct. So far my VL is undetectable and my very competent HIV specialist says that I am doing fantastic. However, on my last visit he told me that when he saw me again on my next routine visit in September he was going to perform a Pap smear. Is this standard care and do you do this on your male patients? Look forward to your response. Thank you.

Our HIV health-care team has not been regularly performing anal Pap smears on men. But this is changing and we are now gearing up to offer this test as part of our routine medical care. In fact, we just received our new test kits from the laboratory. There is still uncertainty about the potential benefit of this test, but it does seem logical to identify men with HPV infection in order to provide follow-up evaluation and treatment.

Your opinion please?
Atripla vs. Viramune + Truvada