Patient from overseas

Dr. Pierone, my brother was recently diagnosed with HIV. my family wants the best treatment for him. I am here in the US and I want to bring him here for treatment. are you accepting new patients?

desperate sister

Hello and thanks for posting.

I am sorry to hear about your brother's diagnosis of HIV infection. I work in a close-knit group of very experienced HIV treaters. If you live in our geographic vicinity, we would be happy to take your brother. If you did not live near by, the American Academy of HIV Medicine has a web site this link which allows one to search for an HIV treating doctor.

Good luck!

good CD4, unexplained symptoms
Your opinion please?