Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

mycoplasma/aids/cfs
Jun 8, 2007

Hi, thank you for the reply earlier. I became interested im microbiology because I suddenly became ill in 1996.

Right after an exposure i had a flu like illness with memory loss, numbness that slowly worsened over the years. I was hiv negative. I got a spect scan and the doc said my pattern was the Same as cfs patients. I recieved no real diagnosis for years and my life was ruined. It was also slowly worsening. VEry scary. Im cured now w/ antibiotics.

After years of going to doctors w/ no answers I came across peer reviwed research from the armed forces institute of pathology. Dr. shyh ching Lo found a new strain of mycoplasma in aids patients and hiv negative patients with CFS like illnesses, he did not find it in healthy controls.

He isolated it and grew it in pure culture, he then inoculated into mice and monkeys and they sickened and died. None of the controls animals died, on autopsy he found the mycoplasma in ther brains organs etc. He folfilled Kochs postulates.

Dr. Lo's research was in the new york times and after that even the the NIAID(NIH) scientists reccomened it to be followed up, But Anthony Fauci refused funding, when he could have alerted the public, and saved me and millions of others. Dr. Lo maintains feels he folfilled kochs postulates and that as a credible highest ranking scientist from the dept. of defense he was unfairly ignored.

DR. garth Nicolson has found this microbe at much higher rates in patients with CFS, AIDS, fibromyaligia etc. He written a scary fascinatiing book called Project day Lily.

ALthough HIv is a terrible bug, its seems that this mycoplasma is causing CFS, and is a major complicating factor in AIDS, even the discovorer of HIV DR. Montegnier said mycoplasmas was a major problem in AIds patients. , it seems like a good hypothesis with major health ramifications might have been ignored, your thoughts? thank you

Response from Dr. Young

Mycoplasma is a common human pathogen (I've had it). HIV is a known human pathogen (I haven't had this). People with mycoplasma infection can get HIV and vice versa.

This doesn't mean that mycoplasma causes AIDS. Nor does it mean that either HIV or mycoplasma explains every illness.

Koch's postulates are 117 years old. Using the "fulfilment" of Koch's postulates as the sole proof of HIV/AIDS would be like saying that since 19th century medicines didn't include antibiotics, antibiotics don't exist.

HIV does cause AIDS and death. Denialists have to get past the idea that this is a conspiracy.

Previous
does hiv cause aids/cofactors
Next
good CD4, unexplained symptoms

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.