CD4 count dropping rapidly

I tested positive for HIV type 1 on april 1st. My last previous HIV test was 6 months ago and i was HIV negative then. I have always used condoms except for oral sex, so i didnt think i could ever become positive. My last check up was done this month only because i was going to have a surgical procedure and that was a standard test. My question is this, even though i know that i havent had the disease for more than 5 months, why is it that my cd4 count is only 210? My wbc count and t cell count on my test on the 1st of april was 3.59 WBC and normal lymphocytes, but low neutrophils. The test that i had done 5 days ago however where normal white blood cell count (4.4) but low lymphocyte count and cd4 count of 210. I don't understand how it could go down so fast, any ideas?

Hello, thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to hear about your new diagnosis of HIV infection. Sometimes immediately after infection there is a rather precipitous decline in the CD4 count which subsequently rebounds on retesting.

The only way to know for sure is to have some follow-up testing of both viral load and CD4+ lymphocyte counts in order to establish a longer term trend. Once you have some additional readings please let us know.

Good luck!

Atripla side effects, mostly fatigue and ability to study
different opinions