Same meds 5 years - why CD4 jumping higher?

I have been on the same meds for almost 6 years. I have remained undetectable from the beginning, with my CD4 bouncing between the low 400's and the low 500's during years 1-4 and % between 34-38. My last 4 doctors visits have netted these numbers: 6/06 - 688 cd4 %34 9/06 - 774 cd4 35%, 12/06 - 911 cd4 36%, 3/07 - 1008 cd4 40%

Not that I am complaining, but is there anything that could explain the dramatic rise in CD4 after such a long time on the same regimen? And what does % mean? I have no clue.

CD4 cell percentage represents the number of CD4 lymphocytes divided into the total lymphocyte count. There is some evidence that the CD4 percentage may be a better indicator of immune function. Certainly, the percentage does not very as much as the total CD4 count, especially when the CD4 count is high as in your case. And this may be what is going on in your situation, since 3 of these 4 readings show a percentage in your historical range. Exactly why the CD4 count fluctuates so much is not really known.

In general however, both the CD4 count and percentage have an upward trend when the viral load is controlled.

Thanks for posting the best of luck to you!

What is the best drug to treat trigeminal neuralgia with hiv meds?
"Straight" (not) from Brazil!