rise of cd4 without treatment

hello, i've been hiv positive for nearly 2 moths, in juanuary 2007, now it's june, i was negative. doctors here in spain thought my cd4 would be very low, but the first count was 770 and the second 870 after only one month. Could you explain me that? I'm not taking anything. Thank you very much, Stefano

Stefano,

Thanks for your post. I don't think that your two tests reveal any significant differences. There's is considerable day to day variation in CD4 absolute counts, so a 100 cell difference in a month (especially when the counts are as high as yours) is well within this variation.

If the data are available, I'd venture that the CD4 percentages have not changed much at all between the two tests.

Hope this helps, BY

Follow-up to <100 Cholesterol
HELP I've had to stop my meds for a short time