Follow-up to <100 Cholesterol

Thanks for your response. I was tested with high serum cholesterol as part of my testing for the Fuzeon phase 3 trial. I hadn't been tracking it too closely up until then. After stopping protease inhibitors the cholesterol level fell 200 points to about where they are today. In any event, I've never taken any anti-cholesterol medications.

Hello and thanks for the follow-up. Here's a link to the original post for our readers.

Well if anyone had any doubts about the potential contribution of protease inhibitor therapy to high cholesterol, you could show them before and after numbers that should convince them. The fact that your total and LDL cholesterol are low is certainly positive, but it's too bad though that the HDL cholesterol is low as well.

Some people that have lost considerable weight will have low cholesterol, which then rebounds as the weight returns. It does not sound like this is your situation however. As long as you are tolerating this regimen and feeling well than there is really nothing specific to do about this low cholesterol and I would not worry about it.

Best of luck to you!

No question I
rise of cd4 without treatment