May 21, 2007
My partner had a condom burst case about 2 hours with me who is positive. we want to start PEP immediately . please advise the recemooende treatment and doses as there is no doctor nearby. I think it is duovir for 30 days.please advise urgently.
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
For such exposures, dual nucleoside therapy, like AZT/3TC (Combivir, Duovir) is often employed. Typical post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) is for 30 days.
Best of luck, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does White Discharge Mean I Have Hiv?
- Is Tingling Lips A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is Vomiting A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Black Spots After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Hair Loss After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.