May 21, 2007
My partner had a condom burst case about 2 hours with me who is positive. we want to start PEP immediately . please advise the recemooende treatment and doses as there is no doctor nearby. I think it is duovir for 30 days.please advise urgently.
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
For such exposures, dual nucleoside therapy, like AZT/3TC (Combivir, Duovir) is often employed. Typical post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) is for 30 days.
Best of luck, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Ear Infection After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Can Chlamydia Cause White Cell In Urine?
- How Can You Tell If A Person Has A Std?
- How Do You Know If U Have An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.