May 21, 2007
how does the hiv-infection affect the immune system
| Response from Dr. Young
HIV infects and causes the destruction of CD4 cells- an very important cell in the immune system itself.
Over time, CD4 cells decline to the point where the immune system is not able to fight off certain infections and cancers. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flu Symptoms After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Anal Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rash After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Thrush After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.