AZT

Dear Doctor, I was diagnosed in 1990 and at the time the only treatment available was AZT. I cannot understand why, after so many years and considering the availability of newer medications, AZT is still used in current regimens. The reason for my question is that during the use of AZT (from 1998 to 2004) I experienced anaemia and lypodristrophy and now, after a drug holiday of 3 years and having to re-start medications I would rather avoid taking AZT again.. Thanks a lot

Hello and thanks for posting.

I cannot understand either except that old habits die hard. We have better drugs and better regimens available.

Brother is sick from medications, please help
Kaletra monotherapy and CD4 count