Generic Atripla?

I am currently taking Atripla, at close to $1,500 a month. I found online a Generic Form of Atripla called Viraday, it says it has the same combination of drugs, however the cost is around $1,400 for 6 months supply. Is this the god send I have been looking for or an online scam? I am still naive to generic drugs, can you please give me some guidance. Thanks so much for all you doctors do on this web site!

Viraday is a drug made by the Indian pharmaceutical company Cipla. It is a generic version of Atripla. However, I am unaware of any way that people living in the US or Europe can access this medication. In addition, I do not know of any studies that have been done to show the drug levels of the individual constituents acheived are the the same as with Atripla.

I would talk to your clinic social worker and/or representatives from the makers of Atripla (Gilead and BMS) to see if you can get support so you can take Atripla without ruining your financial health.

thrombocytopenia - reason to go on meds?
Viral load spike