Fat Loss

I am a 52 yo male who is expeincing subcutanous fat loss in my lower legs. I have been positive for 2 yrs and am resistant to Sustiva. I initially used Boosted Reyataz but my billirubin was elevated to a level of 8. Hence for the past yr I have used Kaletra and Truvada.

With this fat loss is there a better drug regiment for me? I am seeing the veins in my lower legs.

My specialist has also mentioned that Human Growth Hormone could offset this and is being reviewed by the FDA for approval to use for lipodystrophy. Any thoughts on using this?

You are actually on a regimen now that has been recently found to carry the lowest risk of fat loss of the arms and legs. This study compared Kaletra and Sustiva and found that the former, especially when taken with Truvada was least likely to lead to major loss of limb fat.

Growth hormone can make fat wasting worse, not better. It is used to treat fat accumulation. Do not take growth hormone for fat loss of your legs. You doctor may be confused by the unhelpful term lipodystrophy. This is a catch-all designation for all fat related problems associated with HIV and its therapies. As such it is non-specific and confusing.

PEP Queation
Kaletra dose.