May 8, 2007
which are the drugs that cause facial wasting?
Response from Dr. Pierone
The main culprits for producing facial lipoatrophy are d4T (stavudine, Zerit), AZT (zidovudine, Retrovir, Combivir, Trizivir), and ddI (Videx). Other medications may contribute, but these agents are the most common offenders.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can U Get Hiv Through A Dried Up Cut?
- Will Kissing Someone Who Has Chlamydia Infect Me?
- What Percentage Of Men Become Infected With Chlamydia And Have No Symptoms?
- What Happens If Shingles Are Not Treated With Medicine?
- What Causes A Recurrence Of Genital Warts?
- Symptoms Of Gonorrhea In Gay Men
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.