bactrium

hello i have recently been Dx with hiv vl 9885 and cd4 248 my doctor started me on atripla and bactrium. i recently had my second set of labs done with a vl undetectable and cd4 of 389. do you know how long or what is the typical cut off range to stop taking the bactrium....of course i will consult with my doctor but i dont see her till july

Thank you for your post.

Sounds like you've had a terrific response to our tenofovir/FTC/efavirenz (Atripla) regimen and excellent increase in your CD4 count. Since you've had two consecutive lab tests that show a CD4 count above 200 cells, you no longer need to be on trimethoprim/sulfa (Bactrim, Septra, Cotrimoxazole).

If I were you, I'd contact your doctor to see if she'd agree with stopping the Bactrim.

Best of health to you. BY

blood pressure
Starting treatment within 6 months after infection