Herpes medicine instead of HAART?

Is it true that Acyclovyr has been proven to reduce HIV load in blood and on tissues on HIV positive people? if thats the case. why is not prescripbed as a regular regimen and does this medicine affect liver or kidneys like any other HIV medicine? can I talk to my doctor about that option. I started taking a combo rigth after infection and even though I am doing well I am not so happy about it and I don't wish to be on them for the next 30 years or more, I prefer a light regimen. tell me what u think or know, tnxs Dr for u advise

Acyclovir does reduce HIV blood and tissue levels in patients co-infected with HSV. For this reason it is often prescribed for HIV-infected patients with more than occasional herpes outbreaks as an adjunct to the regimen. However, acyclovir does not take the place of a HAART regimen when therapy for HIV infection is indicated.

TREATMENT
RE: "Fishy Labs"