surgery to loss weight

I am a 20yr old female born hiv.In 1996 t was diagnosed as aids. At this time i am 237lbl and i can't control my weight and hunger. i want to have bariac surgery. I have been unsetected for about 4 yrs and my viral load is over 450. I have found a doctor in my home town that specialices in bariatic surgery. With my dx but undetected status,is this a good idea.

Thank you for your post.

As long as the other aspects of your health are good; there's no reason why someone with HIV couldn't have bariatric (weight reduction) surgery. In your case, it's important to distinguish between typical weight (and fat) gain and HIV lipodystrophy. In the former, bariatric surgery can be effective, in the later, it may not.

Best of luck, BY

Curious
Recent hiv + need advice