Apr 27, 2007
I was diagnosed with HIV in December of 2006 and my VL was 527,000 and my CD4 was 276. Over the span of a couple of months, my CD4 has bounced to 400. Is it possible that I got this infection over a six to eight month period.
| Response from Dr. Young
Thank you for your post.
While there's a lot of interest is trying to predict when someone got HIV, you can't do this from your CD4 count or viral load with any accuracy. To answer your question, yes, it's possible that you recently acquired HIV; it's also possible that you've had HIV for a long time. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bloody Urine After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Cold Hands After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Giving Oral Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.