Apr 20, 2007
I recently found out that i am hiv positive, I have Mitral valve prolaspe and i am concerned that this infection will harm my condition. What do you know about this?
| Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
As far as I know (and a PUBMED search), there's no health-related interactions between HIV and mitral valve prolapse. It remains important that you receive care for both conditions, and when indicated antibiotics to prevent infections.
Hope this helps, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bloody Nose After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Bloody Urine After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.