Apr 20, 2007
I recently found out that i am hiv positive, I have Mitral valve prolaspe and i am concerned that this infection will harm my condition. What do you know about this?
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
As far as I know (and a PUBMED search), there's no health-related interactions between HIV and mitral valve prolapse. It remains important that you receive care for both conditions, and when indicated antibiotics to prevent infections.
Hope this helps, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Vaginosis With Uti Symptoms
- Is Ti Common To Get A Uti Before Herpes Outbreak?
- Things That Look Like Genital Warts But Are Not
- The Risk Of Catching Gonorrhea From A Single Act Of Sexual Intercourse
- Is There A Natural Way To Cure Hpv Genital Wart?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Genital Herpes While Using A Condom?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.