Apr 20, 2007
I recently found out that i am hiv positive, I have Mitral valve prolaspe and i am concerned that this infection will harm my condition. What do you know about this?
| Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
As far as I know (and a PUBMED search), there's no health-related interactions between HIV and mitral valve prolapse. It remains important that you receive care for both conditions, and when indicated antibiotics to prevent infections.
Hope this helps, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Causes Herpes Recurrences?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- What Are Long Term Effects For Genital Herpes?
- How Long After Treatment Will Vaginitis Go Away?
- Treatment Complications With Chlamydia
- Time Lapse For Genital Herpes Infection
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.