Apr 20, 2007
I recently found out that i am hiv positive, I have Mitral valve prolaspe and i am concerned that this infection will harm my condition. What do you know about this?
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
As far as I know (and a PUBMED search), there's no health-related interactions between HIV and mitral valve prolapse. It remains important that you receive care for both conditions, and when indicated antibiotics to prevent infections.
Hope this helps, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get HIV From Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation?
- Is Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Safe?
- Needle Stick How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Risk Of HIV Transmission From Receiving Oral Sex
- Does HIV Cause Vaginal Discharge?
- Is Neuropathy An Early Sign Of HIV?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.