Atripla Causing Serious Diarrhea!!!

I just started taking Atripla 23 days ago.. I had it rough the first night with some side effects but that went away. But I am having serious diarrhea everyday in the mornings and right after I eat. I take the meds on an empty stomach but I eat like two hours after but can't seem too keep any food in. I was 160lbs before I started Atripla and 23 days later I am 145lbs. I take the meds at night and just feel a little tired sometimes, but its the diarrhea I can't take anymore. That's my only problem with this drug. What can I do too stop the diarrhea? This has cause a total stop to my social life cause I spend all my time in the bathroom. I feel if the diarrhea stops I will be able to keep my food in and gain back my weight, but I'm not sure about anything anymore. My next blood work to see if the drug is working is next week and I don't want to start any need drugs. What can I do to stop the diarrhea? Please Help

Thanks for your post.

Diarrhea is uncommon, but can certainly happen with tenofovir/FTV/efavirenz (Atripla). You've had some really significant weight loss in short period of time and taken together, your symptoms deserve attention from your treater.

Unless another cause of the diarrhea is identified, it's safe to say that you'll likely have to switch to an alternative treatment regimen.

Hope this helps, BY

Meds, How long till failure & switching
Hepatitis C