Always had safe sex

Dear Ben, I always had protected gay sex.Never left anybody to eyaculate "in me" Nonwithstanding I have been diagnosed HIV+. Is oral sex that dangerous? is it that anal sex without condom is also dangerous even if there is no eyaculation?

Thanks for your post and sorry to hear about your diagnosis.

The common myth is that penile insertion without ejaculation is safe-- wrong. Pre-cum has virus in it, albeit less in total that the ejaculate. Oral insertion is usually quite safe, but under some circumstances (open sores or bleeding), can also result in HIV transmission.

In sum, though, it matters less how you got HIV now, but rather how not to transmit to your partners in the future. Safe sex means condoms before insertion (not before ejaculation).

Again, sorry about your diagnosis. Write back if we can be of any additional help. BY

doi need to go back on meds
Meds before Surgery