should i start meds?
Apr 10, 2007
hello doctors and thank you for this great forum,
I was infected early this year (jan 07) my lab test results were as follows : 27-01-07 CD4: 245 VL: 542000 14-03-07 CD4: 241 VL: 858000 mY DOCTOR suggested that i should start treatment to get the vl to undetectable and then stop. do you agree? thank you
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post and comments.
I do not agree that you should stop medications once your viral load is undetectable. The whole point of getting your viral load undetectable is to have your CD4 counts increase.
Hope this helps, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Black Spots After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Blisters After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Blowjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Mouth After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Touching Vaginal Sore Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.