Detectable Viral Load for the first time

Hello Doctor,

It was 1 year ago today that I was diagnosed HIV+. My numbers so far have been great. I have had undetectable VL so far (<50), but in my last test my VL jumped to 97. CD4s were 1300 and CD4% was 47%

The max CD4 in all the tests so far was 1392, and mininum 972 (the first test). Percentage has varied from 40%(the first test) to 48.7%

My question is, for the first time my VL is in detectable range. Is this a cause for concern? Does this mean that my VL will continue to rise now? Also, I was on Isonazid to treat latent /inactive tuberculosis in my body. I took that for 9 months. Does Isonazid has anything to do to suppress my VL? I finished the Isonazid course and my VL is in detectable range now!! I'm scared that if the virus continues to rise, I might have to start meds soon!

Please let me know.

Thank you.

Thank you for your post.

You're one of the very rare and fortunate persons with an undetectable viral load without HIV medications. This likely means that you won't need HIV medications for a very, very long time, if ever.

I wouldn't sweat a single VL measurement of 97 copies. Levels this low can result from many things, including even the smallest infections (for example, herpes or sinusitis).

Isoniazid (INH) shouldn't have anything to do with your VL "blip".

As for when you might need to start medications, this decision will undoubtedly be based on your CD4 count- one that is very high right now.

So, take a deep breath and relax. A repeat viral load down the road is all you need to do to confirm things.

Best of health to you. BY

changing time on Atripla
Waiting for second lab test