|Bariatric Surgery/ Weight Loss
Apr 4, 2007
For obese positive person on stable regiment 900+ cd4 count and undetectable viral load.
| Response from Dr. Wohl
Sure, why not? There is good evidence that persons with HIV who have CD4 cell counts above 200 or so do not face increased risks of post-surgical complications. The potential benefits in terms of your health may in fact favor this surgery.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get AIDS By Having Sex When You Got A Period?
- Can You Get AIDS From Someone's Blood Touching Your Open Sore?
- Can You Get Aids From Just Rubbing Body Parts Together?
- Is It Possible To Get Aids Twice?
- Taking Fluconazole When You're Hiv Positive
- What Can You Do To Cure Hypogonadism?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.