|Bariatric Surgery/ Weight Loss
Apr 4, 2007
For obese positive person on stable regiment 900+ cd4 count and undetectable viral load.
| Response from Dr. Wohl
Sure, why not? There is good evidence that persons with HIV who have CD4 cell counts above 200 or so do not face increased risks of post-surgical complications. The potential benefits in terms of your health may in fact favor this surgery.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How To Know If You Caught Hiv Right After Sex?
- Can 2 Hiv-positive Parents Have A Negative Child?
- Low Platelets And Hepatitis C
- Can Two Men That Don't Have Hiv Or Any Other Std Still Get Hiv From Unprotected Sex?
- What If You Drink And Eat After A Person That Has Hiv And Aids?
- How Long For Hiv Antibodies To Build Up?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.