Sustiva & Truvada ; How Long ?

I have been on Sustiva and Truvada for about a year and a half. My last blood work at the year and three month mark was excellent 477 T-Cells with a 45% cd4/cd8 ration, VL was 89... I have only had one other blip in VL that was a one big one(616), but -0- 6 weeks later. I have no side effects all other numbers are excellent. My question is how long, on average, can someone stay on this regimen ? I seem to recall my initail research showing 3-4 years, others say indefinitely. I know no one can predict the future, but in your combined experience what has ben the average time a patient can stay on this regimen. I am thriving on it and want to stay on it as long as possible, also concerned if I have to switch because of developing resistance (I am 100% adherent)thathaving been on Sustiva, the other NNRTI's are closed out to me, is this still the case ?

Thank you

Jon

Jon,

Thank you for your note. Yes, we don't do a great job at predicting the future, but I've got many patients who have had successful HIV suppression for many years. So long as you're able to maintain your excellent adherence, I don't see anything that should necessarily prevent you from having a near-indefinite response.

Right now, should you be the one who experiences treatment failure, you're likely to have developed resistance to the currently available NNRTIs. Know that there are other NNRTIs in development that may retain activity as well as other medication classes.

Hope this answers your questions. Best of health to you. BY

prescribed redundancy?
Just Started Treatment