Allways the same question! !!!do i start treatment?

I am HIV positive since three years I leave in Portugal. I am not to make treatment already . My Viral Load already were in the 280,000 and now this in the 100,000 and CD4 had been in the 450, 350 and now 370 and my CD4% is 20%. My doctor said me to make analyses in June and later she is that she goes to consider the hypothesis of the treatment. Every day I at breakfast I take a Multivitaminic Centrum and a pill of Ginseng and Echinacea. Do you think its good? Hug From Portugal and sorry of my english

Bom gia from the States and thank you for your post.

I'd agree with your doctor that you're right at the edge of the time to start medications. If you're reluctant to start, waiting a few months to recheck the labs is not unreasonable. If I were in your situation, though-- equiped with an understanding that medications can be very well tolerated, I'd probably start. In short, while your only postponing an inevitable need to start medications, by waiting, you're only really increasing the risk that you'll have an AIDS complication. By contrast, by starting earlier, you'll never second guess that you started too late-- after getting a serious infection or tumor.

As for the multivitamin, this is fine. Personally, I'd save the mony on the Ginseng and Echinacea and buy a good bottle of Madiera.

I hope this helps. Best of health to you and don't hesitate to write back (because your English is perfectly adequate, and far better than my Portuguese). BY

Strange situation
Declining CD4 count concern