Starting Meds need help

Hello Dr. Young I am 35 years old and HIV + with a cd4 of 728 and viral load 71,000 it's twoo years now my viral load didn't came down to it's lowest and my cd4 has been always high and now I tested ADHD because I am complaining of OCD and forgetfulness my DRd. said I don't have ADD and he thinks that being tired all the time and forgetful is cause by HIV and he wants me to start meds already please help if I really need to start? Thank you.

Thank you for your post.

Sounds like you and your doctor have been working to understand the causes of your fatigue and forgetfulness. I'd wonder if a MRI scan of your brain, syphillis studies or even a spinal tap have been performed. If there really isn't another clear-cut cause, I'm in agreement that one might conclude that HIV is the cause.

If so, then despite your normal CD4 count and average viral load, starting a well tolerated HIV treatment combination makes sense and very well could help. Remember, that this decision isn't etched in stone, so that if you have significant difficulty with medications or down the road an alternative cause if found, you and your doctor could consider stopping the HIV medications.

I hope this helps. Best of luck to you. BY

Will radiotherapy effect CD4
now what